1. Adult Day Care gives family caregivers the break they need.
Aspen Senior Day Center provides a safe and engaging atmosphere in which seniors can spend their day several times a week with our professional caregivers.
This wonderful senior care option allows family caregivers to have a break in their caregiving responsibilities while knowing their loved one is enjoying socialization, activities, and nutritious meals throughout their day.
Here are two examples:
- Julia is 84 years old and has recently come to live with her daughter Tara who helps her manage her Parkinson’s Disease. Tara is happy to be a caregiver for her mother, but due to her work schedule she can’t always be there when her mother needs assistance throughout her day. Adult Day Care is a great solution and allows Julia to stay with her daughter longer.
- Anthony takes full care of his wife, Naomi, who has recently become more confused in her day-to-day activities. Although she is still full of energy and enjoys singing and dancing, she has needed more assistance with remembering to take her medications and she often forgets to eat or use the restroom. Although Anthony knows he can give wonderful care to his wife, he feels that she would enjoy more interaction throughout her day and engage in some fun activities. Anthony appreciates the break and Naomi loves getting out of the house and going to Adult Day Care.
2. Adult Day Care helps families keep their loved ones at home longer.
Whether your loved one is facing Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, or a different dementia-related challenge, Aspen Senior Day Center helps seniors in many ways allowing them to stay in their own home for as long as they desire.
Among many benefits, our trained memory care staff is on hand at all times to assist with any needs your loved one may have, including bathroom assistance, medication reminders, assisting in the transition to briefs, and much more. We also provide transportation to and from our day center.
3. Adult Day Care is the most economical senior care option available, and it’s the most fun!
- At around $12 per hour, we are the most economical approach to senior care available, even if your loved one is with us every day of the week. In-home care costs between $20 and $24 per hour, which quickly adds up.
- Assisted Living can cost between $2,500 and $5,500 per month depending on the facility and the needs of your loved one.
4. Adult Day Care provides a higher quality of life for seniors with memory loss or who are home alone.
Seniors enjoy making friends and socializing no matter what challenges they are dealing with. Getting out of the house and exercising your brain and muscles improves your mood and your blood flow.
Several of the benefits we see in clients who participate regularly are:
- Positive mood changes.
- Slower progression of symptoms.
- Improved social and verbal skills.
- Increased physical and mental activity.
- New friendships.
- Increased appetite.
- Boosted self-esteem.
- Better sleep.
Here’s a good example of a senior in need of Adult Day Care:
- Lydia is wheelchair bound after a recent fall and due to her injury, she is unable to get out and about like she used to. She misses socializing, and filling her day with meaningful activities has become increasingly difficult because of her lack of mobility and living alone. Lydia’s daughter lives miles away and worries about her mom every day as Lydia has become more withdrawn and bored stuck inside her home all day. Adult Day Care would be a great option for Lydia.
5. Aspen Senior Day Center is the only adult day care option in Utah Valley, and we love what we do!
- We have won Best of Utah Valley several years in a row for our outstanding customer service with our excellent staff.
- Just like with school, the more we go the better we do. No adult needs “daycare” but all adults need mental stimulation, physical activity, good nutrition, and social interaction. At Aspen Senior Day Center we help seniors live life more fully—and quality of life is important to all of us!
For more information, visit our website www.aspenseniorcenter.org or call our office at 801-607-2300.